About the adventure:
We start our adventure in the meeting point in Dhahran and then we will head to the mountains.
The Red Mountain is located between Buqayq and Hufuf in Shedgum Escarpment known internationally for its richness in fossil fuels. Because of the difficulty of reaching the Red Mountain the area is still pristine and largely unknown. The mountain invites everyone to come and observe and explore its beauty.
After our hike we will enjoy sunset views from the desert followed by a meal under moonlight before we go back to our meeting point in Dhahran.
What awaits you in this adventure?
- Exploring a mountain area near the major cities of the Eastern Province
- Hiking a distance of around 4km (round trip)
- Learning about the local flora and fauna
- Watching the sunset
This adventure is suitable for ages 15 and older in all fitness levels.
Dec 18 Saturday
- Arrival to the meeting point in Dhahran 1:00pm
- Departing from the meeting point 1:30pm
- Arrival to adventure starting point: 3:00pm
- Briefing, Water filling, snacks and stretching: 3:15pm
- Hike start: 3:30pm
- End of hike: 5:30pm
- BBQ Meal: 6:00pm
- Departing from the mountain 7:30pm
- Arrival to meeting point 9:00pm
*There might be a change in the itinerary for any reasons beyond our control.
- Small backpack
- Water bottle
- Hiking pants or sports pants
- Hiking shirt or sports shirt
- Hiking shoes or sports shoes
- Headlamp (or you can use your phone flashlight)
- Sun hat
Cost of Joining This Adventure:
The cost of joining this adventure is 350SR per person and it includes the following:
- Experienced hiking guides
- Campsite setup
- Meals and drinks
Hiking equipments are not included
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.